Skip to main content

The Best Story Writer... (Short story)

Hey girls, let me talk to you a bit before you leave. Ya’ll good?
Yes.
Well good. Girls make sure you take care of Ms. Jessica during the flight and after you get back home. I want you to keep being the beautiful, smart young girls that you both are, and STAY away from those boys. They got coodies. Always remember that.
(girls giggling) Alright, we got you Mr. A. It was good meeting you.
And you mam.
And you sir.
I’m glad you missed your earlier flight.
Yea, well I’m glad you chose a later flight.
Looking at who I ran into, so am I.
It was really good meeting you; in person that is…
I’m glad that I am finally able to meet you. Let me ask you something?
Ok… (side-eye)
Do you believe that it was a coincidence that we are both here at the same time?
Coincidence, no but a God move in destiny yes.
Ok, good.
Why do you ask?
(knowing I wasn’t following him) Do you believe that it could be possible that God strategically orchestrated our steps to be here at the same time? You and the girls were late to your flight and had to catch a later one. I just so happened to choose a later flight. Something I rarely, if ever, do.
Well when you put it like that. This does feel like something that could be special. Us meeting the way we did. But like I said it was really good meeting you.
And like I said, it was really good meeting you, but I don’t want this to be the last time, you know, us meeting each other.
For some strange reason, me either. You know the saying though, if it’s too good to be true then it probably is.
Have you heard of the saying, when you see God giving a second chance, don’t be so blind that you pass it up?
(soft laugh) I can say that I’ve definitely heard that more than once. I can say too that us meeting is something that I would often dream about, but has never been a reality. (I can no longer look him in his eyes)
Jessica, let me say this and I want you to hear me. I feel a certain way about us meeting today in this way. One thing though, I also sense that it scares you in a way that makes it hard for you to believe or even trust that this could be real.
Yea…
Do you mind if I pray with you?
Sure…
(grabs both hands, standing face to face, heads bowed)
Father, I thank you. I thank you that you are one who doesn’t make a mistake, even when we don’t understand the path of life we’ve been on. I thank you that every step, good or bad, has been ordered and accounted for. Father, my sister is hurting in areas I’ll never be able to see. There are doors closed in her heart that keeps her from receiving the very thing she desires. Lord I’m asking you now, for my benefit to touch her heart. I pray that she is able to come before you humbly with lock and key in hand, granting you access to that place in her heart she’s guarded for so long. Father I pray that you touch her heart, letting her know that every place that she hid from you, every place that she closed off because of the desire turned into torture, every place she closed off because she felt it was better for her to not believe, Father touch her that she may allow you into those empty, dark, cold places in her heart. Father, help my sister to believe again. Help her to believe what she felt was impossible, is possible. Father do it for me. Father, I thank you. 
Father, it’s me… do it for me also. In Jesus name we pray. Amen. …That was beautiful, Thank you
It was worth it.
I hope so
Well mam, it’s about time for you ladies to board your flight.
Sir, it’s about that time for you also.
Yes it is... Don't worry about anything, everything will be ok. I just want you to believe.
Have a safe trip home.
Same to you. Talk to you soon...
 

Comments

  1. As always, I thank you for taking the time to read. I pray that your reading has shed some light in your life even in the smallest way. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intervention

Intervention...   I am reminded of the movie Frankie and Alice. I said that I was going to go back and watch that movie. Because Frankie has a personality disorder. Frankie had Alice, Frankie (herself) and Genius to deal with. Frankie was trying to cope with life the best way that she knew how to do so. In her regular self, Frankie was an exotic dancer and did things that comes with that lifestyle. Alice was a person Frankie had tucked away from her past and it was almost like she didn’t exist. Alice was determined to make Frankie pay for what she had done to her at such a young age. Frankie knew the events had taken place but back in that time and even still in her present time, there were many things that were left unsaid. So Frankie accepted her reality but never let the memories go. This was a place she would visit every so often but instead of her prompting the memories the memories would be triggered by a song, vision, an event or person that closely resembled anyth...

You Can't Stop...

Last night at WNBS I just began to write this message below. Although I know this word was for me, I wanted to share it with you also, just in case you needed to hear it also… …Somewhere you have gotten tired or have grown weary with the gift God has given you. I need you to ask God to renew your strength and to revive your spirit. The gift that lies within you is not for you, but for others. You have been trusted with this gift. You have been equipped with this gift. You hold something that someone needs. I know that you are tired. I know that you feel misused, often abused and at times unappreciated. I know that you feel that you can’t give anymore of you. I know that you feel like “God, how can I give out when I am in need”? Please know that as you give, He will give to you. As you bless His house, automatically, He will bless your house. Remember that what He has given you, He knows just how much you can bare before it runs low on fuel. It’s funny that the gifts we are bless...

Freedom Prayer

Lord, it’s a very scary experience when we have built a cage around our insecurities and find ourselves trapped; even when we know it’s no good for us. Father we’ve been so hurt that we’ve vowed to ourselves that no one will hurt us like that again. So we stop hurt from coming in and we stop it from leaving. We’ve closed ourselves off and now are unable to allow you in, in order to heal the hurt we already experience. So it turns into fear, and we know that fear torments. Lord you came so that we may have life and life more abundantly. You desire for us to worship you with a pure heart in spirit and in truth. Lord as I peak outside the windows of my cage, and mentally prepare to step out for good, Lord Grace me for the journey ahead. Grace me that as I want to get back in the cage due to fear of the unknown, to embrace life in the wild. To be free in all that you have created me to be and purposed me to do. -Jess